Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Brown time

Witches sometimes refer to this period between Yule (Xmas) and New Years (or Chinese New Years (Jan or sometimes Feb) as 'brown time' or the 'brown period'....anyways...I love this time...the time where things are just still...and brown...nothing is dying, nothing is turning green, things just are...
It is a nice time for me to just breathe and relax after a busy Halloween (Samhain), busy Thanksgiving (for Americans), and busy Xmas (Yule)...a time to just chill....which I really need. I can eat the wrong foods, drink too much, not call the creditors, not organize the bills, not do every bit of laundry in the house, not return all of the phone calls, etc. Brown time is a time where I can just be Kim. It only lasts for a week or 3 but I relish it.
Soon comes the resolutions and the new life goals, and the to do lists, and then Spring with the cleansings and the rebirths and the MILLIONS of things that comes with that...(Im not complaining) but now I can just be. I love it.
My sexy man bought me an obsidian crystal ball for Yule time and a ring of silver and aquamarine...(or blue topaz)...I'm so lucky.
All that matters in life is that I was able to spend the holiday with my local family. We had Italian for dinner which was perfect and enjoyed each other which made my heart very happy for my son's 2nd Yule.

No comments: