Saturday, January 20, 2007

One step closer to healing

I will write more on this when I have a bit more time....but I just wanted to say thank you to Leigh who replied here and all of the amazing women who replied on a wonderful midwifes blog that I ranted on. I felt the love and the support and got advice and websites. I know healing comes in waves but right now I feel so wonderful and even guilty for still hanging on to this pain and regret, because some women don't have their babies to hug and kiss and I do, and what is more important than that? Thank you. 28 hours of pain and 6 weeks of healing and all of the fear was worth it to have him and I would do it all again times a million if I could have the same outcome that I got. So thank you all for helping me on my path. I feel loved and love heals. Thank you.

2 comments:

sneakmastergeneral said...

I'm here for you if you need me. I think our boys are the same age. I went through the same thing as you, well, minus the breech part. 20 something hour back labor, failed by midwives, no epidural until really late, then a c-section for reasons that may or may not have been true...I think not. Anyway, I'm here and listening and I love your blog.

Leigh Steele said...

Keep on your healing journey and take all of the time that you need...it's okay for healing to come in waves, rushing over you like the ocean's tides. There is renewal and cleansing in each wave, new lessons, new insights, new wisdom. As my friend said about my daughters' birth: Her birth was a gift to the world (and of course me), leading me on my ultimate path. But this next baby will be an intimate gift, just for us. I believe that for you, too. Our C-birth babies are very special and benefited from all of our homebirth intentions, all of the love and peace that flowed through us during those hours. They knew. They still know.
XOXO,
Leigh
http://leighsteele.wordpress.com